Susan Hassig, DrPH
Associate Professor of Clinical Epidemiology
Department of Epidemiology
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
1440 Canal Street, Suite 2000
New Orleans, LA 70112
Phone: (504) 988-6454
Fax: (504) 988-1568
HIV; program evaluation; prevention and control of communicable disease
- DrPH, Epidemiology, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Tulane University, 1987
- MPH, International Health, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, 1984
- BA, St. Mary's College, 1977
- 2009, Recipient, Teaching Scholar Award, Tulane SPHTM
- 2002 Finalist, Teaching Scholar Award, Tulane SPH&TM
- 1996 Member, Sigma Xi
- 1988 Member, International AIDS Society
- 1984 Member, Delta Omega (officer of Tulane's Eta Chapter 2001- 2004 )
- 1984 Member, Society for Epidemiologic Research
- 1984 Member, American Public Health Association
- 1977 Delta Epsilon Sigma
- 1988 Delta Omega National Merit Award - Outstanding Achievement in Public Health
- 1986 Dorothy R. LeBlanc Scholarship, Tulane SPH&TM
- 1985 Tulane Medical Alumni Association Student Recognition Award
- 1977 Who's Who /American Colleges and Universities
Berenson GS, Chen W, Hassig S, Nguyen QM, Rice J, Srinivasan SR, Xu JH. Elevated liver function enzymes are related to the development of prediabetes and type 2 diabetes in younger adults: the Bogalusa Heart Study. Diabetes Care. 2011 Dec;34(12):2603-7. [Epub 2011 Sep 27].
Mzayek F, Hassig, S, et al. The Relationship of Birth weight with the Developmental Trends of Blood Pressure from Childhood through mid-adulthood. The Bogalusa Heart study. Amer J Epi 166(4):416-20, Aug 15 2007.
Duggirala HJ. Hassig SE. Santana S. Rice J. Evaluation of a hepatitis A immunization program. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 24(11):974-8, 2005 Nov.
Hanson J. Posner S. Hassig S. Rice J. Farley TA. Assessment of sexually transmitted diseases as risk factors for HIV seroconversion in a New Orleans sexually transmitted disease clinic, 1990-1998. Annals of Epidemiology. 15(1):13-20, 2005 Jan.
Posner S, Myers L, Hassig S, Rice J, Kissinger P, and Farley T. Estimating HIV incidence and detection rates in Louisiana from HIV/AIDS surveillance data using a discrete Markov model. Epidemiology 15(2):164-72, 2004.
Krieger GR. Magnus M. Hassig SE. HIV/AIDS prevention programs: methodologies and insights from the dynamic modeling literature. Clinics in Occupational & Environmental Medicine. 4(1):45-69, vi, 2004
Macintyre K. Sosler S. Letipila F. Lochigan M. Hassig S. Omar SA. Githure J. A new tool for malaria prevention?: Results of a trial of permethrin-impregnated bedsheets (shukas) in an area of unstable transmission. International Journal of Epidemiology. 32(1):157-60, 2003
Rehle TM. Saidel TJ. Hassig SE. Bouey PD. Gaillard EM. Sokal DC. AVERT: a user-friendly model to estimate the impact of HIV/sexually transmitted disease prevention interventions on HIV transmission. AIDS. 12 Suppl 2:S27-35, 1998.
Level of Instruction:
[ View all Epidemiology Faculty ]