Hirut Gebrekristos, PhD
Department of Epidemiology
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
1440 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
Phone: (504) 988-4763
Fax: (504) 988-1568
HIV co-infections, health inequalities, sexual behavior, substance use
- AB, Anthropology, Mount Holyoke College
- MPH, Global Health, Yale University
- PhD, Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University
- NIAAA Predoctoral Trainee, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2005-2006
- Predoctoral Research Fellow, Centre for AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa (CAPRISA), 2002-2004
- E. Richard Weinerman Award, Yale University, 2000
- Robert Robertson Award, Mount Holyoke College, 1999
Gebrekristos HT. Health inequalities among sexual minority youth: a need for sexual orientation and gender expression sensitive school environment. STI 2012; 88(4): 236-7.
Berkenblit GV, Sosman JM, Bass M, Gebrekristos HT, Cofrancesco J Jr, Sullivan LE, Cook RL, Edison M, Bashook PG, Korthuis PT. Factors affecting clinician educator encouragement of routine HIV testing among trainees. J Gen Intern Med 2012.
Gebrekristos HT, Lurie MN, Mthethwa N, Abdool Karim Q. Disclosure of HIV status for patients on HAART: implications for treatment adherence and sexual behavior. African Journal of AIDS Research 2009 8(1): 1-6.
Gebrekristos HT, Mlisana K, Abdool Karim Q. Patient-readiness for HAART – new directions on decisions to initiate or delay? BMJ 2005; 331: 772-775.
Gebrekristos HT, Lurie MN, Mthethwa N, Abdool Karim Q. Knowledge and acceptability of HAART among TB patients South African. AIDS Care 2005; 17(6): 767-/772.
Gebrekristos HT, Resch SC, Zuma K, Lurie MN. Estimating the impact of establishing family housing on the annual risk of HIV infection in the South African mining communities. Sexually Transmitted Diseases 2005; 32(6):333-340.
Level of Instruction:
[ View all Epidemiology Faculty ]