1. Explain the systems approach to training.
2. Compare and contrast the three phases of the systems approach.
3. Discuss the three types of analysis associated with the needs assessment phase.
4. Identify two needs assessment techniques.
5. Explain how safety training objectives are derived based on the results of the needs assessment.
6. Describe the ways in which the preconditions of learning and trainee motivation affect the instructional environment of safety training.
7. Identify five conditions of the instructional environment.
8. For each of the conditions cited above, explain how each affects learning during safety training.
9. Cite four conditions that lead to transfer of training-related safety behaviors.
10. Demonstrate how each of the conditions cited above, can be incorporated into a safety training program.
11. Explain how behavioral role modeling and other behavioral interventions can be utilized in safety training program design.
12. Explain how machine simulators can be utilized in designing safety training programs.
13. Discuss the effects of new technology, in particular computer assisted instruction, in current safety training program design.
14. Explain four characteristics of training evaluation criteria.
15. Exemplify the importance of each of the characteristics cited above for the evaluation of a safety training program.
16. Explain the four levels of training evaluation criteria.
17. For each of the levels cited above, provide an example of each level of criteria and how it could be used to evaluate a safety training program.
18. Differentiate between process and outcome measures of evaluation.
19. Differentiate between the concepts of internal and external validity.
20. Cite and explain eight threats to internal validity.
21. Cite and explain four threats to external validity.
22. Discuss how the interpretation of the results of a safety training program is affected by each of the threats cited previously.
23. Discuss the pre-experimental, experimental and quasi-experimental designs of training program evaluation.
24. Diagram how threats to internal and external validity are controlled for within each of the designs cited above.
25. Differentiate between the concepts of intra-organizational and inter-organizational validity.
26. Explain how the information gathered from the needs assessment and evaluation of a safety training program is critical in establishing intra-organizational and inter-organizational validity.