To prepare for the program, you will need to familiarize yourself with the following listed items:
1. Tulane Technology Account: To register for classes you are required to have your student log-in username and password. This information will be issued to you upon receipt of the "Confirmation of Enrollment" and "Code of Academic Conduct" forms included in your offer package. After you have completed the form(s) return it to email@example.com or Fax (504)988-7352 ATTN: Erica B. Geary. Your student log-in username and password will then be sent to the original email account you provided in your SOPHAS application.Before you begin using your account, please visit: https://psync.tulane.edu/ to activate your profile.Password management is conducted from the P-Sync page.Additionally, should you forget your password you may access your account using the security questions input upon activation of your account.
2. Registration:Current courses offered may be found at the Registration link on the home page
Select your program to see the classes that are recommended for you. Once you have found and selected your class e.g. GHSD6003-70 (the -70 indicates it is via distance learning) make note of the CRN# (for exampleCRN# 21043). Then simply click the "Register Now" button on the same page you found your class.You will be directed to log in to The Gibson portal, where you can register and manage your Tulane accounts, grades etc.
3. Blackboard: After you register for classes they will appear in Blackboard within 24-72 hours. Log into Blackboard at: http://mytulane.blackboard.com or from the link on the homepage.All course materials will be stored within Blackboard (powerpoints, recordings, syllabi, etc).You may contact instructors and students via the email feature of Blackboard.Most on-line testing will be accessed via the Blackboard.
4. The On-line Classroom: To enter the classroom, please visit: http://dl.caeph.tulane.edu
(the homepage) and select the "student-login" option. You may need to run the Browser Compatibility Test to ensure your browser has Adobe Flash and all components are available for the classroom to load. The link for the Adobe browser test is http://tegrity.caeph.tulane.edu/tegrityutils/Diagnostic.aspx .Once you log in and see your classes listed, click the "OPEN" tab to enter the desired classroom.The week before classes begin we usually offer a mock class so that students can become familiar with the software.Once you have entered class, run the audio wizard from the "meeting" tab at top to set audio levels.
5. Wavemail: To check your Tulane e-mail, go to the email link on the homepage or http://outlook.com from any computer. Use your Tulane Technology Account username and password to login. Your Tulane e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. You may opt to configure your email account using a handheld mobile device. For specific information and instructions about mobile devices, please visit:http://support.ts.tulane.edu/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=4258
Keep in mind, your Tulane e-mail account is the ONLY method used for receiving Tulane related academic and administrative communication, including Graduation details and classroom announcements. STAY INFORMED – CHECK YOUR TULANE EMAIL.
6. Additional Resources: Library Resources: You may be required to authenticate your computer when accessing library resources from an off-campus network using the "Off-Campus Login" option. You will use your Technology account to authenticate. For more details about accessing the library resources, especially when off campus, please visit: http://matas.tulane.edu . For assistance with library resources, please contact: 504-988-5155 or email@example.com .
Anti-Virus Software: Each student must have an active and current anti-virus software program on your computer before connecting to Tulane's network. McAfee Virus Scan is free to the Tulane public. If you need this software, please contact http://software.tulane.edu and login to download the current version.
Register for Wireless Network: Many laptops and mobile devices are furnished with an internal wireless card. You will need to register the physical (MAC) address for your wireless card with Tulane before the card can be used on our wireless network. To register your MAC address, please visit http://ts.tulane.edu for instructions or register at http://tuwac.tcs.tulane.edu .
Financial Aid:Students enrolled in the Distance Learning program are eligible for federal Stafford loans as long as they are enrolled in at least 5 credit hours and/or a Practicum (formerly Capstone) per semester. Students in this program are eligible for funds to pay for their tuition and fees, but not living expenses. The application procedures required for Distance Learning Students are the same as students who physically attend classes in New Orleans.
Refer to How to Apply for the details for fall and spring aid.
You can get financial aid information at http://tulane.edu/publichealth/caeph/dl/dl_finaid.cfm
Your financial aid counselor is assigned based on your last name as shown below:
A-G class=: Please contact financial aid counselor Carl Hudson
H-M class=: Please contact financial aid assistant director James Bourgeois
N-Z class="Please contact financial aid counselor Shirley Davis
Check your financial aid status at: https://gibson.tulane.edu/tulane/jsp/login.html
7. Contact information:
Program Questions, academic advising (what classes you should take), general problems, Dr. Liz James at (504)988-1664 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For application, program questions or registration issues contact: Erica B Geary at (504)988-3786 or via email email@example.com .
Technical questions: log on issues, computer problems, blackboard problems, Email firstname.lastname@example.org call1-877-580-3249 during live class. You may also follow the DLTECH twitter account for important Distance learning related information at http://twitter.com/Tulane_dltech (server outages and important dates).