Lanjuan Zhao, PhD, (Director)
New Orleans site:
- Research Staff: Jiaqiang Zhu
- Research Staff: Karen Conroy
- Research Staff: Rebecca Chaiban
- Research Staff: Li Wu
Major Equipment and Facilities:
- Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DXA) machine - Hologic Discovery A System
- Muscle strength measurement
Participants Needed for the following project:
Louisiana Osteoporosis Study
1) Recruitment Aim: To recruit ~20,000 human subjects in New Orleans and Baton Rouge areas. To build a large sample pool for clinical, genetic epidemiology, functional genomic, epigenomics, and proteomics studies of osteoporosis and related health problems.
2) Inclusion criteria:
- Caucasians of European origin, African Americans, Latinos, or Asians;
- Be ≥ 18 years of age;
- Be willing to participate in the study and attend exam for bone densitometry, muscle strength measurements and blood draw (20ml).
3) Compensation: $25 (gift card) for a one-time visit
Make Your Appointment:
To save your time, we recommend you to review the documents listed below and complete the paperwork (one consent form and one
questionnaire) before your scheduled visit.
If you are unable to keep your
appointment, please call at least one day in advance so that we may offer that
appointment time to another volunteer.
Important Things to Know:
bring your picture identification.
withhold any vitamins and supplements the day before and the day of
wear non-metal DEXA scan friendly clothing for the bone scan.
To schedule an appointment at the New Orleans clinic:
Please call (504) 988-1056 or (504) 988-1016