Lanjuan Zhao, PhD, (Director)
New Orleans site:
- Research Staff: Jiaqiang Zhu
- Research Staff: Rebecca Chaiban
- Research Staff: Li Wu
- Research Staff: Gunita Matharoo
- Research Staff: Weifeng Deng
Major Equipment and Facilities:
- Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DXA) machine - Hologic Discovery A System
- Muscle strength measurement
Participants Needed for the following project:
Louisiana Osteoporosis Study
1) Recruitment Aim: To recruit ~20,000 human subjects in New Orleans and Baton Rouge areas. To build a large sample pool for clinical, genetic epidemiology, functional genomic, epigenomics, and proteomics studies of osteoporosis and related health problems.
2) Inclusion criteria:
- Caucasians of European origin, African Americans, Latinos, or Asians;
- Be ≥ 18 years of age;
- Be willing to participate in the study and attend exam for bone densitometry, muscle strength measurements and blood draw (20ml).
3) Compensation: $25 (gift card) for a one-time visit
Make Your Appointment:
To schedule an appointment at the New Orleans clinic:Please call (504) 988-1016.
If you are unable to keep your
appointment, please call at least one day in advance so that we may offer that
appointment time to another volunteer.
Important Things to Know:
bring your picture identification.
withhold any vitamins and supplements the day before and the day of
wear non-metal DEXA scan friendly clothing for the bone scan.