APHA and ASTMH are both coming to New Orleans!
SPHTM is excited to welcome our alumni and colleagues who are coming to New Orleans this fall for the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene Annual Meeting and the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting. Both associations have been providing professional resources and opportunities to the public health and tropical medicine community for decades.
Whichever meeting you plan to attend, we hope you will take the opportunity to reconnect with SPHTM. Here are some of the many ways you can make use of your time:
- Have coffee with a former faculty member, maybe that professor who set you on the professional path you’re on right now.
- Stop by and sit in on a class.
- Arrange to have a drink with an old classmate and recall those grad school days.
- Visit the SPHTM Alumni Association President Elaine Hicks in her natural habitat – the Rudolph Matas Health Sciences Library.
- Grab a bagel in Einstein’s Tidewater Café on the first floor of the school’s building.
- Come to alumni events we are hosting during both conferences!
- Stop by the school’s booths at ASTMH and APHA for some SPHTM swag. Once there, you can meet a current student or you might just bump into an old friend.
Visit us at booth # 2112/2114 at APHA!
Visit us at booth # 508 at ASTMH!
Join us for an ASTMH side event at the school:
Changing the Face of Chagas Disease:
Scaling Up Diagnosis, Treatment and R&D
for People Living with Chagas Disease in the Americas
Monday, November 3, 6:00pm reception, 6:30pm program in the Diboll Gallery and Auditorium
*Download the PDF for details.
See you in November! Laissez les bons temps rouler!