- Set-up of a new computer
- Set-up of an existing computer for a new user
- Troubleshooting PC problems involving supported software and/or the operating system.
For hardware problems, we will be the liaison with Dell/Gateway/IBM to obtain replacement
- Machine configuration for purchase of SPHTM computer equipment
- Installation of virus protection programs and virus cleaning. (May be provided on a system-wide basis.)
- Updating of network protocols along with school-wide changes
- Network-related printer troubleshooting and support for general problems.
For more complex problems, AllFax or another service provided should be
contacted by the user.
For service requests on school computers, please submit an online request here.
Check on the status of existing requests here.
Unfortunately, there are services that AIS is not authorized to provide.
- We cannot provide software to install locally on your office computer, laptop, or home computer.
This is illegal. You must purchase a license for all installed software.
- We cannot provide disks or copies of software installed locally.
- We cannot provide support for equipment that does not meet our hardware policy requirements.
- We are not responsible for moving computers or furniture. Please contact Facilities Services to arrange
to move furniture and equipment. We will set the computers up once they are in place. Please be sure
all plugs and dataports are accessible to us before pushing furniture against the wall.
- Although we do our best to stay up-to-date, we are not experts in all the software on the network.
For specific software use questions, consult other users within the school or the software
provider's support services.
- We cannot place equipment or software orders for you.
- We do not provide service for copiers, fax machines, VCRs, or TVs.
- We cannot provide setup or support services for non-SPHTM computers, including personal home