Technology Services for Students
Computer Labs - Tidewater
AIS manages four open access general computing labs that are available for use by anyone with a current and valid Tulane ID. These labs provide Internet access, as well as general computing applications.
We are closed on all Tulane holidays and scheduled breaks. If you need access to a lab after hours, the Medical School has a 24/7 lab that is provided in the Medical School at 1430 Tulane Ave. Enter with your Splash Card
Fall and Spring Semesters
Tuesday - Thursday: 8am - 8pm
Monday, Friday: 8am - 6pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10am - 4pm
Summer Semester and other times
Monday - Friday: 10am - 4pm
Saturdays and Sundays: 10am - 4pm
All labs are closed on all Tulane Holidays and during scheduled School Break
AIS facilities and services are provided for the exclusive use of Tulane students, faculty, and staff. These facilities and services include computer accounts on shared systems, the use of microcomputers and terminals in any Tulane cluster, the privilege of borrowing documentation for microcomputer and mainframe systems.
The following policies apply to all AIS SPHTM facilities:
- No food or drink is permitted.
- No children allowed in the labs
- Cell phones are not allowed.
- Noise levels are to be kept at a minimum.
- No interactive game playing is permitted.
- No non-curricular-related CPU- or storage-intensive computing or software is permitted on the computers.
- Earphones are required for all audio equipment.
Services for Faculty & Staff
AIS works with faculty and staff to ensure that SPHTM computers are up-to-date, protected from viruses, and networked properly. Services include:
- Set-up of a new computer
- Set-up of an existing computer for a new user
- Troubleshooting PC problems involving supported software and/or the operating system.
For hardware problems, we will be the liaison with Dell/Gateway/IBM to obtain replacement
- Machine specifications and cost quotes for purchase of SPHTM computer equipment
- Installation of virus protection programs and virus cleaning. (May be provided on a system-wide basis.)
- Updating of network protocols along with school-wide changes
- Network-related printer troubleshooting and support for general problems.
For more complex problems, AllFax or another service provided should be
contacted by the user.