John C. Williams Architects, LLC
Lee Ledbetter & Associates
6319 Willow Street was built in 1941 and acquired by the university in 1951. Plans to renovate and enhance the interiors of the Alumni House have been in the works since well before hurricane Katrina. During the storm, the house was significantly damaged by floodwaters. The house underwent major reconstruction consisting of a FEMA-funded raising of the house (mitigation) and a separate FEMA-funded build back to pre-Katrina condition.
After the FEMA-based projects were complete, a donor-funded renovation began and the designers were asked to create an inspired rendition of the traditional residence, turned reception hall, with a modern appeal. Since 1952 the Alumni House has hosted numerous activities and events for current students as well as alumni. Picnics on its lawn are some of the most popular events at Homecoming and graduation.
1315 Broadway Street, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-862-8129 email@example.com