Pro-Inflammatory and Anti-Inflammatory Mesenchymal Stem Cells (printable)
Tulane University is actively seeking commercial entities to further develop and commercialize a novel method of producing mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) that can be stored and used to predictably enhance or inhibit inflammation.
- Localized anti-inflammatory therapy for the following diseases: arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's disease, acute lung injury, chronic pain and organ rejection
- Localized pro-inflammatory therapy to enhance the immune response for patients with cancer, pathogenic infections, and other immune diseases
- Treatment of acute or chronic conditions
- Unique tissue-targeted inflammatory control
- Avoids adverse effects of current anti-inflammatory therapies
- Simple to produce
- Easy to store and distribute
- Predictable response
This technology has been tested extensively by in vitro assays and in several mouse models with success. Laboratory work is ongoing for further data and to ensure scalability.