Conjugates of Therapeutic or Cytotoxic Agents and Biologically Active Peptides (printable)
Tulane University is actively seeking commercial entities to further develop and commercialize a novel prodrug design which conjugates a therapeutic or cytotoxic agent and a targeting moiety via carbamate linkage.
- Targeted, cell-specific method for delivering therapeutic or cytotoxic agents to cells when internalized by those cells which possess a receptor specific to the carbamate bound ligand
- Method for treatment of cancers of certain cancers in which the cancerous cells express tumor-cell specific receptors
- Unique, cell-type specific method for delivery of therapeutic agents
- Reduces the incidence of cytotoxicity during chemotherapy
- Simple to produce
- Predictable mode of action
This technology has been tested extensively in vitro. Laboratory work is ongoing and a patent has been issued.