Pest Control Solutions
If you are located on the Tulane University Health Sciences Center (TUHSC) campus, OEHS will be able to assist you with any pest control issues. If you are not located on the TUHSC campus, please contact Facilities Services for pest control assistance.
Paul Hammothe, OEHS' Pest Control Technician, can be contacted directly at 988-7378 (PEST). If you are unable to reach Paul, please contact the OEHS main office at 988-5486.
When reporting pest control issues, please provide the following information:
- Location of the problem (building and room number)
- Contact person's name and phone number
- Nature of the problem (type of pest)
- 1555 Poydras Street
- Hebert Center
- TUHSC Satellite Clinics
- Tulane National Primate Research Center (TNPRC)
Pest Control Prevention
- Store materials at least 6 inches off of the floor.
- Keep areas clean, especially break areas and pantries where food is present.
- Keep countertops, areas under or behind equipment and appliances, and the interiors of drawers and cabinets clean and free of food particles.
- Properly store food in sealed containers.
- Promptly clean up any food or beverage spills.
- Keep garbage receptacles clean. Keep large waste receptacles covered.
- Seal penetrations in the building envelope so that outside pests cannot enter the building.
- Repair or report leaks to deprive insects and rodents of a water source.