This guide explains how to resize images for Tulane’s CMS using a free online application called SUMO Paint (sumopaint.com). Within Tulane’s CMS, images must be kept within four parameters: they must jpeg format, RGB mode, and not exceed 610 pixels wide at 72 resolution.
Here are instructions:
- Go to http://www.sumo.fi/flash/sumopaint/
- When SUMO Paint opens (it will take a moment to load), click on File > Open from My Computer. Then, browse for your image and click ‘Open’.
- Once your image has opened, click on the ‘Image’ dropdown menu. Then click on 'Image Size'.
- When the Image Size windows open, click on the ‘Constrain Proportions’ box, and then put in the pixel size you want for the width. (See Images & Sizing). When you have entered the pixel width size, click on ‘OK’. The image will automatically resize.
- Once you have adjusted the width, click on 'File' > 'Save to My Computer'.
- When prompted to save as a .jpg or .png format. Select .jpg. Then click ‘Save’.
- If prompted, don’t navigate away from the page, just click ‘OK’.
- When prompted to Save or Open the file. Click 'Save'.
- Choose a location on your hard drive, then click 'Save'.
- The confirmation screen shows your image size (in kilobytes). If your image is more than 50 kb, you may want to repeat steps 5-9 above. When you get to step 6, slide the Jpg Quality arrow down a bit. Continue through the steps until the file size shown at the end of the save process is within 50kb.
- Your image is resized to Tulane’s CMS requirements, and is ready to be uploaded.