August 1, 1999
Following are some recycling pointers for the uptown campus from Kerry Sheehy (N '01), student recycling coordinator in the recycling office:
- To recycle phone books, place next to--not inside--large blue recycling "toters" in your building. A dime from every phone book recycled goes to charity. Do not put phone books in smaller copy-machine recycling bins or desk-side bins.
- If copy-machine bins or desk-side bins are not being serviced properly, call Ingrid at Jani-King, ext. 5861. Contact the recycling office at ext. 2469 to report service problems with the large toters in your building.
- If you need more copy-machine or desk-side bins (quantities are limited), call the recycling office. You can place most kinds of paper in these bins, with the exception of milk cartons, mail with plastic windows, and paper cups. Remove shampoo inserts from magazines before you recycle them. Fold corrugated cardboard and place next to the large toters.
- Contact the recycling office if you plan to host a university-sponsored event that will produce a lot of recyclables. The office will provide recycling receptacles.
- On an operational note, the recycling office runs on a shoestring budget and is looking for a donated computer and printer to replace outdated and broken equipment.
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 email@example.com