December 1, 1997
The 1997 United Way campaign brought in $119,856 in contributions to local charities. As of mid-November, 423 uptown campus employees donated $51,236 and 635 downtown employees gave $68,620.
Following is a list of winners in the Oct. 31 prize drawing for uptown campus employees who participated in the campaign. The drawing of the grand prize, two round-trip airline tickets to any destination in the continental United States donated by Tulane Travel Connection, also included downtown employees. Downtown employees had a separate campaign event in October.
- $20 Barnes & Noble gift certificate: Kyriakos Papadopoulos, professor, chemical engineering
- Dinner for two at Pizza Hut: Terrell Altemus, police officer, public safety
- $25 gift certificate for Blockbuster Entertainment: Charlotte "Vicki" Hankton, office manager, computing services
- Steak dinner at Bally's Lakeshore Casino: Brian Mitchell, associate professor, chemical engineering
- Gift certificate for the American Buffet at Bally's Lakeshore Casino: Catherine Simoneaux, assistant director, financial aid, and Price Dodson, director, university printing
- Seafood dinner at Bally's Lakeshore Casino: Deborah Troescher, assistant director of admission, Graduate School
- Autographed basketball by the 1997-98 men's team: Andria Jackson, secretary, government affairs
- Two-night stay at a Radisson Hotel: William Van Buskirk, dean, School of Engineering
- Grand Prize--two round-trip airline tickets to any destination in the continental U.S.: Sheila McCorkle, administrative secretary, Law School
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 email@example.com