December 1, 1996
The 1996 United Way campaign drew to a close in early November with Tulane employees donating a total of $151,564. Employees on the uptown campus gave $47,849, surpassing the goal of $45,000. Faculty and staff on the downtown campus contributed $103,715 ($74,240 from the academic units and $29,475 from the hospital and clinic). Individuals from both campuses who donated $60 or more per year entered a grand-prize drawing for two round-trip tickets to any destination in the continental U.S., compliments of Tulane Travel Connection.
The winner was Barbara Mansfield, who works in the data processing department of the hospital and clinic. On the uptown campus, the Office of Equal Opportunity, which organized this year's campaign, held a Nov. 1 drawing featuring prizes donated by area businesses.
Prizes and winners are:
- Autographed basketball from the 1996 Tulane basketball team: Donna Soper, editor, university publications.
- Dinner for two at the Radisson Suite Hotel: Brian Mitchell, assistant professor, chemical engineering.
- Dinner for two at Bally's Casino: James McFarland, dean, business school.
- Dinner for four at Pizza Hut: Anita Dinwiddie, program coordinator, financial aid.
- Dinner for two on the Steamboat Natchez: Sharon Pocock, instructor, law school.
- Reily Center membership for one year: William Mindak, professor, business school.
- Reily Center membership for one semester: Kenneth Dupaquier, public safety.
- $25 gift certificate for the Tulane Bookstore: Jacqueline Addison, secretary, provost's office.
- Two passes to the Louisiana Nature Center, the Aquarium of the Americas and the Audubon Zoo: Desha Rhodes, library associate, Howard-Tilton Library.
Employees on the downtown campus were treated to prizes and games during a kick-off event held at the medical center on Sept. 26.
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 email@example.com