August 23, 2013 9:00 AM
Alicia Duplessis Jasmin
1. Accessorize with color — Whether your walls are painted white or made of brick, you’ll appreciate a pop of color. Posters and bedding are a good place to start.
2. Incorporate yourself — Love sports? Like movies? Hang your favorite classic movie poster or frame a sports magazine cover that features your favorite player.
3. Light it up — Lamps are a fun addition to any dorm room (as long as it isn’t halogen). They come in different shapes and patterns and can easily add style and function to your décor.
4. Store with style — Organizing also can be stylish. Be sure to coordinate the color of your storage bins with your bedding and other accessories. It’s all in the details.
5. Roommate tango — It takes two to make a shared room look coordinated. Talk with your roommate to see where your styles intersect. Tie your spaces together with an area rug that matches both sides of the room.
Is your room the best decorated in your residence hall? Email a photo and it may be featured in The Insider!
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 firstname.lastname@example.org