The Newcomb Scholars Program is a unique opportunity for incoming women at Tulane who are interested in an academically enriching and shared four-year experience through undergraduate research, seminars, and experiential learning opportunities. All first year incoming women are invited to attend an Information Session to learn more about the Newcomb Scholars Program, its benefits and expectations, as well as the application process.
General Information about Newcomb Scholars
Through this program, Newcomb Scholars will have the opportunity to:
- Establish research relationships with faculty and benefit from mentoring by faculty
- Benefit from small, uniquely designed seminars to enhance their research skills and potential
- Complete and present an independently researched project examining both the theoretical and practical implications of their field
- Make valuable contacts with influential professionals and researchers
- Benefit from the support of research and applied learning grants
- Obtain practical experience through public-service internship
- Gain valuable insight from fellow Scholars and researchers in their field
- Understand their roles as both scholars and leaders
- Influence the campus community in new and positive ways
- Recognize their responsibility as civic-minded and engaged members of the community
Learn more about the experience of current Newcomb Scholars with the Newcomb Scholar of the Week.
For more information, please contact Charlotte Maheu, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarah McAllister email@example.com