Collat Media Internship Program
Faculty & Staff Proposal Application Requirements
Who Can Submit Faculty/Staff Project Proposals?
July 5, 2015: Fall Semester Projects*
* Projects may include an optional extension into the Spring semester, provided the logged time involved does not exceed 250 hours.
Submit a project proposal to email@example.com. Include the following information:
- Project Title
- Email address
- Project Description (up to 300 words)
- Methods, technology, and/or new media applications to be used (if known).
- A description of the student activities and responsibilities on the project.
- A description of the mentor’s activities and responsibilities on the project.
- Any other information pertinent to the proposal.
- (Optional) If you already have a student in mind for the project, please include their name and email address.
The project proposal must meet the following criteria:
- Include a gender and/or public service area of focus and be in line with the goals of the Collat Media Lab to increase participation of women in technology and new media.
- The project must include a component that will be completed in the Collat Media Lab during a minimum of 10 regular weekly lab hours.
- Enable student empowerment, leadership development, confidence-building, and skill-building in new media and digital applications.
Faculty or staff mentor(s) must meet the following criteria:
- Must plan to be a Newcomb Fellow or Newcomb College Institute staff member during the length of the project.
- Should have the background necessary to oversee the research and there should be an appropriate strategy for keeping the student on track.
- Must have enough time to devote to the project so that regular meetings can take place between the student and the mentor.