Contest Rules & Themes
Individual entries from alumni, students, parents, employees or fans can incorporate any or all of the Tulane spirit themes. University departments/organizations must incorporate the Tulane “Circle the Wave” spirit theme. Spirit Themes:
- CIRCLE THE GLOBE – Tulane, New Orleans and beyond...Snap a picture of you, your friends and fellow alumni/students at unique or remote destinations. How about a streetcar ride down St. Charles Avenue or atop a tropical waterfall? Include “Riptide” in your adventures!
Sponsored by the Tulane Alumni Association
- CIRCLE OF SUCCESS – Your Tulane ring is a powerful symbol...Snap a picture of yourself and “Riptide” together wearing the Tulane ring to show us “where your Tulane ring has taken you!” Could be at your job location, your favorite destination, or you could be at home with the family!
- CIRCLE THE WAVE – School spirit comes in many forms...Snap a picture of you and your “Riptide” showing your Tulane spirit. Dress Riptide up…whether he is working out with you or wearing scrubs along side of you performing your medical duties. Paint yourself blue and green to support the Green Wave at athletics events. Show us what your passion for Tulane embodies!
Sponsored by the Tulane University Office of the President
Entries must meet the following requirements to be eligible for judging:
- “Individual” entries can include multiple persons in a photo, but only one prize will be awarded to the entry - not per person.
- Limit one entry per university department or organization.
- Submit your photo entry:
Via Facebook: To submit your photos with your Facebook credentials, visit either Tulane University Fan Page and/or Tulane Alumni Fan Page. Click on the “Facebook” button to login. If you do not have an account, you can sign-up for free at facebook.com. After logging in, confirm your information and upload your images using the mechanism provided.
Via Email – You may email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org (include your name and contact information).
- Entries must not violate third party rights including, but not limited to: copyrights, trademark and right of publicity.
- Entries must not include unsuitable content or depict or incorporate unsafe behavior or situations; obscenity; disparagement of any product or person; or other offensive conduct or material, or otherwise include inappropriate content.
- Photo Rights - Your photographs promote Tulane University school spirit. Thank you for helping to further our pride in our community of alumni, students, parents, employees and fans.
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit -- including ownership if applicable. You only grant the “Sponsors” (1) Tulane University and (2) Commemorative Brands, Inc. (Balfour) royalty-free, nonexclusive, irrevocable rights, in perpetuity, to edit, adapt, use and publish in any media now known or hereafter discovered any or all of your photograph submissions for the Spirit Contest without compensation to you, the participant, your successors or assigns, or any other entity. ENTERING A SUBMISSION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES PARTICIPANT’S IRREVOCABLE ASSIGNMENT, CONVEYANCE, AND TRANSFERENCE TO SPONSORS OF THE FOREGOING RIGHTS. You waive and release, and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsors, and all of their respective representatives, successors and assigns (the “Indemnified Parties”), from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the use of the photograph.
- Deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m. (Central Time) on Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011.
Entries will be ineligible if they are corrupted, do not meet the above specified requirements or are not able to be viewed due to technical error or reasons beyond the control of the judges.
Winners will be announced at the Homecoming Pep Rally on Friday, Oct. 21 and posted online. Winners do not have to be present...but we would still love to see you at this year's homecoming.