The Center for Wellness & Health Promotion, part of Student Health Services, thanks you for your interest in and commitment to the Healthy Tulane Coalition (HTC). The mission of HTC is to promote a campus environment supportive of the development and maintenance of a healthy body, mind and spirit for all members of the Tulane University community. The HTC uses an ongoing participatory process that incorporates the views and perspectives of members of the Tulane Community.
Healthy People is a set of nationwide health goals established by the Centers for Disease Control and Preventions (CDC). Since 2000, the American College Health Association has produced a set of Health Campus goals to give colleges and universities a set of health objectives. In response, discussion about Tulane coalition were held and investigated. In spring 2010, the first HTC meeting was held and the work toward Healthy Campus 2020 began.
The Healthy Campus planning process includes these tasks:
1) Assessing health problems
2) Assessing Tulane's existing prevention resources
3) Identifying unmet health prevention and care needs
4) Defining the potential impact of specific prevention interventions
5) Prioritizing prevention and care needs
6) Developing a specific prevention and care plan
7) Evaluating the planning process
Wellness and Health Promotion, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5255 firstname.lastname@example.org