Student Health Services
To provide quality primary health care for Tulane University students with sensitivity to age, gender, disability, culture, ethnic background, and sexual orientation.
To achieve this mission, we:
- Address primary medical, gynecological and mental health needs.
- Provide a quality standard of primary medical, gynecological, and mental health care for Tulane University students, with sensitivity to age, gender, disability, religion, culture, ethnic background, and sexual orientation.
- Provide quality support for health care through laboratory, pharmacy, insurance, secretarial, and housekeeping services.
- Provide health education to prevent illness, to teach self-help strategies, and to increase awareness of potentially unhealthy practices so that students may choose their optimal healthy life style.
- Empower students through education and professional guidance to become self-directed and well-informed consumers of health care services.
- Adhere to established ethical principles and codes of professional practice, including patient confidentiality, privacy, dignity, and informed consent.
- Provide an environment of caring with a non-judgmental approach, to maintain an atmosphere of mutual respect, and to uphold and protect our patient's rights in the process of health care delivery.
- Participate in the teaching of resident physicians and medical students to stimulate intellectual and practical excellence in the care of our patients.
Eligibility for Care & Fees