Directions for Entering Immunizations
The State of Louisiana requires all students entering a university to have received the immunizations listed at the bottom of this page.
Please follow the instructions below to document your immunizations.
Step One: Print the Immunization Form
Step Two: Gather Immunization Information
- Complete the STUDENT section.
- Have your medical provider complete the immunization information section and sign the form (preferred).
- An official signed copy of immunization records may be uploaded with our form.
Step Three: Enter Immunizations into Online Student Health
- Log into Online Student Health using your Tulane email address (without the @tulane.edu) and your email password.
- On the left of the screen, hover over the Immunization link and click on New.
- Fill in dates of required vaccines, click submit and go to "upload."
- Upload your Immunization form using the Upload Documents link. NOTE: Your files can be no larger than 3MB. We do not accept faxed or mailed copies. We have converted to a paperless system.
- Once your information has been verified by the Student Health Center, you will receive an email confirmation. Please allow 7 business days.
Medical School, Public Health, and Social Work students with questions, please contact Vicki Stein via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 504-988-6169.
The Student Health Center offers all required immunizations and the TB skin test. However, we recommend you receive required vaccines and TB testing before you arrive at Tulane.
The following immunizations and test are REQUIRED:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella: Two (2) doses of live vaccine for all students born after 1956. The first vaccine must have been given, on, or after the first birthday and a second dose at least 28 days after the first dose.
- Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertusis: A dose of vaccine given within the past ten (10) years. (Tdap) is recommended.
- Meningococcal/Meningitis: A dose of vaccine given within the past 5 years for all undergraduate and for any graduate student in uptown on-campus housing.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening/Testing: It is required that all students complete the TB screening questionnaire at the top of page 2.
- International Students: All are required to provide results of IGRA (QFT or T-Spot)
- Domestic Students: All are required to receive a TB skin test or IGRA within the last 3 months if answering yes to any of the questions in the TB screening questionnaire.
The following immunizations are RECOMMENDED:
- Hepatitis B Vaccine: (Recommended for college entrance) series of three (3) doses, given at 0, 1 month and 6 months.
The above guidance is presented for the purpose of implementing the requirements of Louisiana R.S. 17:170, Act 251 & 711 and, in meeting the established recommendations for control of vaccine-preventable diseases as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics; the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices to the United States Public Health Service; and the American College Health Association.
To sign a personal exemption for meningococcal vaccine, student (parent/guardian if student is under 18 years of age) must appear in person at the Student Health Center to receive information about the disease from a college health professional.