WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
- If you are injured or encounter someone who is injured, call the Tulane Police emergency line. Tulane Police Emergency Numbers are:
- Tulane National Primate Center Police emergency: 985-871-6411
- Tulane Downtown Campus Police emergency: 504-988-5555
- Tulane Uptown Campus Police emergency: 504-865-5200, or pick-up the nearest emergency blue-light phone.
- Other Campuses: Call 911
- Give the TUPD Dispatcher your name.
- Give the TUPD Dispatcher your exact location and any information you have regarding the injury.
- Stay with the injured person until TUPD and EMS arrives.
- DO NOT attempt to render first aid or medical care unless you are trained to do so.
- Remain calm and tell the injured person (even if they appear to be unconscious) that help is on the way.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
- TUPD will immediately dispatch officers to the scene.
- TUPD Dispatch will activate Tulane EMS and/or NO EMS.
- TUPD will establish on-scene command and coordinate all responding agencies.
- TEMS and/or EMS will care for the injured upon arrival.
⇐ back to EMERGENCY PROCEDURES