WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
- Pay attention and follow all emergency alerts issued by Tulane.
- Report any flooding that you may observe to Tulane Police. Tulane Police Emergency Numbers are:
- Tulane National Primate Center Police emergency: 985-871-6411
- Tulane Downtown Campus Police emergency: 504- 988-5555
- Tulane Uptown Campus Police emergency: 504-865-5200, or pick-up the nearest emergency blue-light phone.
- Tell the TUPD Dispatcher your name.
- Tell the TUPD Dispatcher the exact location of the flooding.
- Evacuate the area if you feel your safety is at risk, especially if the flooding is near electrical equipment.
- Observe all campus street and parking lot closures during flooding events. Do NOT attempt to drive through flood waters if you are not certain of the depth of the water.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
- If there is a threat of flooding, TUPD will patrol campus to identify any areas of high water.
- During flooding events, the Tulane emergency alert system will be activated with information & instructions.
- TUPD will close and/or restrict access to flooded areas on campus.
- TUPD and Facilities Services will respond to flooding or potential flooding entering buildings. Buildings will be evacuated if necessary.
- Tulane emergency personnel will monitor the situation with weather services and local authorities.
- Once the threat has passed, TUPD and Tulane Facilities Services will inspect the campus for damage, respond to any injuries.
- An “all clear” message will be issued via the emergency alert system when flooding has subsided.
⇐ back to EMERGENCY PROCEDURES