Boys & GIrls Clubs NFL Youth Education Town
1140 South Broad Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70125
Directions To Agency:
Primary Phone: 504-309-7952
Primary Agency Contact
Name: Keila Stovall
Agency type: Non Profit
Agency hours:10:00 - 7:00
Beginning date for service:04/03/2012
worker's compensation insurance.
Agency has a need for additional volunteers.
Our mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us the most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens.
Division Mission Statements
Populations Served by Agency
Topics Of Interest for this agency
- Community Building
- Community Organizing
- Matching volunteers' interests and skills with schools' and non-profits' needs
- Networking with educational agencies and non-profits
- One-to-one mentoring of children between the ages of 5 to 17.
- Website Development
Public Service Needs
- Create art for/with community residents
- Develop book club for mentally challenged
- Maintain communication with agency clients
- Provide direct service to clients
- Raise funds
- Students can create activities to foster group involvement with residents.
- Computer Teachers teach bi-weekly after school program to public high school students. Teachers will work with a group of 10-12 students, teaching them the basics of Microsoft Office applications, internet based research, searching for colleges online to more advanced work in webpage design. At the end of the semester, students who have successfully completed the after school course with approval from teachers receive the laptop they've been working on for that semester.
- Coordinate programs
- Coordinate Vols.
- Develop a new website or contribute content to an existing webpage
Resource Needs for this agency
- After-school program activities for kids