6018 El Dorado St.
New Orleans, Louisiana 70117
Directions To Agency:
Primary Phone: 504.278.1240
Primary Agency Contact
Name: Laura Paul
Agency type: Non Profit
Agency hours:8-5 M-F
Beginning date for service:11/03/2009
worker's compensation insurance.
Agency has a need for additional volunteers.
Rebuild the Ward!
lowernine.org is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization involved in the long-term recovery of New Orleans’ historic Lower Ninth Ward from Hurricane Katrina and the levee breaches of 2005.
Division Mission Statements
- Long term disaster recovery There is a saying in disaster recovery - "Disasters don't discriminate." This may be true, but recoveries do. Studies show that low-wealth communities take up to three times longer to recover from disaster. Long term support for these communities is imperative
Populations Served by Agency
- Elderly & Disabled
- Local Residents
- Low Income
- Those who lost their homes with Hurricane Katrina and the ensuing levee breaches
Topics Of Interest for this agency
- Affordable Housing
- Community Building
- Cultural Studies: African American
- Disaster relief/Recovery
- Historic Preservation
- Urban/Community Development and Urban Planning
Public Service Needs
- Volunteers are asked to engage in all aspects of building new, single family homes in the New Orleans area. As a volunteer, you will be involved int he construction of homes from framing to the final inspection
- Conduct best practices research
- Provide case management
- Architectural and Urban Design services for regional municipal governments and community groups
- Develop a new database or contribute content to an existing database
- Raise funds
- Aiding RT Staff with Deconstruction Materials
- Provide administrative assistance
- Provide physical assistance
- Student will research online databases and corporate websites for private and public grants for non-profit educational programming.
Resource Needs for this agency