A's & Aces
1036 Arabella Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70115
Directions To Agency:
Primary Phone: (504) 615-9062
Primary Agency Contact
Name: David Schumacher
Phone: (504) 895-9933
Agency type: Non Profit
Agency hours:M-F 3-6
Beginning date for service:01/09/2008
does not carry
worker's compensation insurance.
Agency has a need for additional volunteers.
"Providing life skills and academic tutoring through the sport of tennis for New Orleans public school children."
To improve the scholastic, physical and character development of New Orleans' public school children through a combination of tennis instruction, academic support, citizenship and life skills activities.
Division Mission Statements
- After-school programming na
- Literacy Program
Populations Served by Agency
- Low Income
Topics Of Interest for this agency
- Civic Engagement
- Enhance academic achievement for under-resourced students
- Increase motivation levels of under-resourced students
- One-to-one mentoring of children between the ages of 5 to 17.
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Social Justice
- Social Networking
Public Service Needs
- Lead instruction for children from 5-12 years old in front of the classroom
- Mentor children from 5-12 years old in one-to-one setting
- Mentor children from 5-12 years old in small group setting
- Administer tests to individual 5-12 year old children
- Tutor children from 5-12 years old in one-to-one setting
- Tutor children from 5-12 years old in small group setting
Resource Needs for this agency
- Academic mentoring
- Capacity building for schools
- tennis instruction and life skills