Neighborhood Housing Services, Freret Neighborhood Center
4605 Freret Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70115
Primary Phone: 504.373.6403
Primary Agency Contact
There is no Contact Information for your agency.
Agency type: Non Profit
Agency hours:10am-5 pm
Beginning date for service:01/21/2008
worker's compensation insurance.
Agency has a need for additional volunteers.
Our mission is to revitalize communities by increasing the number of homeowners and transforming vacant or substandard properties into sustainable homeownership, and to improve quality of life through informed community building initiatives, leadership development, education, outreach and collaboration.
Division Mission Statements
- Community and Cultural Development Working to enhance what resources already exist within the community.
- Community Organizing Working with residents to create leadership opportunities for all. Challenging complacency daily
Populations Served by Agency
Topics Of Interest for this agency
Public Service Needs
- Create art for/with community residents
- Develop a new database or contribute content to an existing database
- Conduct engaged research
- Raise funds
- Create a map identifying the location of information of interest
- Provide administrative assistance
- Provide physical assistance
- Conduct oral histories
- Develop publicity material
- Develop a new website or contribute content to an existing webpage
Resource Needs for this agency
- Access to computers for neighborhood residents
- community support, volunteers, monetary resources
- Computer tutoring for seniors
- Media development
- Research, outreach, coordination
Services Provided by Agency
- Academic mentoring
- Cross cultural networking, education and communication
- Cultural motivation and enrichment
- Housing Rehabilitation
- Neighborhood Association Consultation