Save The Children
8025 Saint Charles Ave.
New Orleans, Louisiana 70118
Directions To Agency:
Primary Phone: 509-879-0539
Primary Agency Contact
Name: Angela Lorenzi
Agency type: Non Profit
Beginning date for service:
worker's compensation insurance.
Save the Children’s U.S. Programs strives to ensure the most underserved children in America are Ready to Learn by the time they begin school, enjoy academic and personal Succcess in School, are Healthy and Engaged in learning and life, and are Safe and Protected when disaster strikes. Through our core early childhood, literacy, health and emergency preparedness programs we strive to give kids in 18 states a fair chance at a brighter future.
Division Mission Statements
- Disaster Response Services The DEU's mission is to keep children safe during US disasters by promoting emergency management practices that address children's needs on the national, state and local levels. We accomplish this work through partnership, advocacy and program implementation.
- Early Childhood Education Services Early Steps to School Success provides early childhood education services to children birth to five years of age, education services to their parents, and ongoing staff training to the community early childhood educators. The program goals are:
Children will enter school with the skills necessary for school success,
Parents will have the knowledge and skills to support their children’s education,
Home/school connections will be strong and
Early childhood knowledge and skills in communities will be significantly increased.
Populations Served by Agency
- Children and Families
- Youth Populations and Their Families
Topics Of Interest for this agency
- Community Building
- Community Organizing
- Enhance academic achievement for under-resourced students
- Networking with educational agencies and non-profits
- Parent Workshops
- Public Policy
- Teen Parent Support
Public Service Needs
- The ideal Intern candidate will support the overall operation of this in-state and national program. More specifically, the Intern will assist with numerous tasks and projects including reviewing and compiling significant anecdotal evidence based on field reports, assisting in maintenance of materials inventory, assisting in maintenance of program database (Donor Perfect), and assisting in outreach efforts to publicize the program to areas previously underserved. The ideal candidate is a team player, technologically inclined, and detail-oriented.
- Conduct best practices research
- Develop book club for mentally challenged
- Students can create activities to foster group involvement with residents.
- Academic internship with graduate student who will help us find ways to educate parents on parenting skills, especially offering alternative methods of discipline. We need to find ways to motivate parents to attend school conferences and Open House.
- Coordinate programs
- Student(s) will assist Program Services Coordinator in planning, developing, coordinating and implementing educational programs and services for 50 high school students and performing other related duties assigned.
Resource Needs for this agency
- Cross cultural networking, education and communication
- Early Childhood Education Support
- Literacy Programs
- Technical Assistance