Lycée Français de la Nouvelle-Orléans
5951 Patton street
5401 South Claiborne Avenue
New Orleans, Louisiana 70115
Directions To Agency:
Primary Phone: 504-418-2198
Primary Agency Contact
Name: Marina Scheon
Agency type: School
Agency hours:8am to 6pm
Beginning date for service:08/30/2011
worker's compensation insurance.
Agency has a need for additional volunteers.
We are looking for students to help French teachers and the English and Special education teacher during school hours. Students are 3 to 6 years old.
Lycée Français de la Nouvelle Orléans students will matriculate into the finest colleges and universities throughout the world. Lycée Français will provide the opportunity for its students to achieve both the French Baccalaureate and the Louisiana high school diploma in an academically challenging and culturally diverse educational environment.
In a rapidly evolving world, the Lycée Français founders believe that it is imperative for children to become multi-lingual. In fact, the global marketplace our students will enter demands it right now. By implementing the comprehensive French national curriculum (recognized worldwide for its excellence), and providing the environment for students to develop the ability to think multi-dimensionally, Lycée Français will be the first public Pre-K through 12th grade French School in the United States. At Lycée Français, it is not just the belief that “all children can learn,” it is the core concept that “all children can excel academically and succeed in the expectations and experiences of life itself.”
Populations Served by Agency
- 3 to 7 years old
- 3 to 7 years old
Topics Of Interest for this agency
- Community Organizing
- Curriculm development involving computer technology
- Enhance academic achievement for under-resourced students
- Enhance math skills for under-resourced students
- Immigration Law and Policy, Condition of local immigrant community
- Instructional Support
- Literacy and Mathematics Workshops
- Matching volunteers' interests and skills with schools' and non-profits' needs
- One-to-one mentoring of children between the ages of 5 to 17.
- Writing Workshops
Public Service Needs
- Create art for/with community residents
- Provide case management
- Develop a new database or contribute content to an existing database
- Raise funds
- Instruct children under 5 years old in front of the classroom
- The intern will aid the 7th Ward Neighborhood Center in creating a membership database that will enable the Center to communicate with community groups and individuals, and to build a sustainable grassroots fundraising structure.
- Mentor children under 5 years old in one-to-one setting
- Practice language skills with adult English learners
- Provide administrative assistance
- Organize an outreach event
- Perform for/ with community residents
- Develop publicity material
- Tell stories to residents
- Student(s) will assist Program Services Coordinator in planning, developing, coordinating and implementing educational programs and services for 50 high school students and performing other related duties assigned.
- Tutor children under 5 years old in one-to-one setting
- Coordinate Vols.
- Develop a new website or contribute content to an existing webpage
Resource Needs for this agency
- community support, volunteers, monetary resources
- Grant Writing
- Human Resources
- Publicity and Fundraising
Services Provided by Agency