In preparing Newcomb Children's Center's curriculum, staff consider the following professional standards:
- Standards required for the licensing of day nurseries/day care centers published by the State of Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals.
- To provide children with a quality program, the staff should provide a variety of developmentally appropriate activities and materials that are selected to emphasize concrete experiential learning and to achieve the following goals:
- Promoting confidence and self-esteem
- Refining social skills
- Stimulating children to think, reason, question and experiment
- Furthering language development
- Practicing physical skills like running, jumping, and balancing
- Increasing small muscle competence by using beads, blocks, puzzles, and buttons
- Fostering exploration of sensory materials and creative expression
- Helping children learn patience and restraint
- Encouraging and demonstrating sound health, safety and nutritional practices.
For information about Kidopolis' curriculum, please refer to the Bright Horizons website, http://www.brighthorizons.com