Revised 11 September 2015
Promote Your Tulane Event
Suggestions to help you...
“Without promotion something
terrible happens... Nothing!”
- P. T. Barnum
- Submit to Tulane Calendar of Events (Tulane login required). Featured events are promoted to Tulane's iPhone app, TulaneEvents on Twitter, and listed on Gibson Online.
- Reserve banner space for the uptown campus.
- Send posting items (flyers, posters) to University Services for review for the uptown campus.
- Post on your website and/or ask others to post on related websites.
- Create a QR code (see sample to the right) to place on fliers with a QR code generator
- Cross promote your program
- Coordinate with a major theme, observance or awareness days/week/month.
- If presenter has written a book, work with the bookstore to help promote it, e.g., book signing, display.
- Add an associated lecture/panel to a film screening.
Three weeks prior
Plan and implement mass media promotions and advertising.
Click the "Tell Us" button below or click here to submit one form to all the groups to the right.
(Tulane login required.)
These units will receive the Tell Us form to review, customize, and decide when to publish your submission:
- New Wave (news) & Tulanian (magazine)
- PR - to local and/or national media
- Coffee Talk by Newcomb-Tulane Undergraduate College
- Newcomb News for women undergraduates
- Housing and Residence Life
Two weeks prior
Implement campus visibility and networking.
- Uptown: post and distribute flyers, see (1) campus posting policy (2) residence hall postings.
- Downtown: post and distribute flyers in elevators at 1440 Canal Street. Place 9 copies of 1/4-page flier in the 8th floor box.
- Post flyers at local coffee shops, bookstores, restaurants, etc.
- Invite student and community groups to attend & to help publicize through their website, meetings, etc.
- Ask faculty to mention it in class. Occasionally they will offer extra credit for relevant lectures, films, etc.
- Deliver banners to be hung on your reserved space.
- Promote an event with a booth on the uptown campus.
- Campus postings & sidewalk, see posting policy.
- Place 50 table tents in Food Court and Nalty Commons; reserve with Shirley Dymond email@example.com
- LAST 24 HOURS: Yard signs on the uptown campus, see posting policy.
- DAY OF: Directional signs on the uptown campus, see posting policy.
Ideas to improve this page? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org