What Alumni Can Do
How Can Alumni Be Involved With Tulane University?
(Tulane alumni ask this question quite frequently; here are some suggestions on how to increase your networking opportunities and the value of your degree)
- Membership in the Tulane Alumni Association (TAA) is free and automatic for all who completed at least one semester in good standing. Get your TAA membership card by calling toll-free 877-4TULANE (4885263) or visit http://tulane.edu/alumni/alumnicardrequestform.cfm
- Take advantage of TAA affinity programs for moving, HireTulane, insurance, bank cards and more. Visit http://tulane.edu/alumni/benefitsandservices.cfm
- Become active in the Tulane Club in your city; sign up for its listserv to get information about Tulane happenings. http://tulane.edu/alumni/club/index.cfm.
- Update your alumni profile by registering with the online alumni directory. Go to http://www.tulanecommunity.com/ or call 877-272-0009.
- Represent Tulane at a college fair in your city. Check the admission calendar on the university website at http://admission.tulane.edu/ or contact Valerie Timmers at email@example.com.
- Encourage gifted high school students in your city to consider Tulane University.
- Familiarize yourself with facts about Tulane. Bookmark http://tulane.edu/news so that you can keep up with what’s going on.
- Raise the level of your donations to Tulane University. Development officers can help you define your gift to the University, your college, department(s) or special programs. Visit http://tulane.edu/giving
- Inform Tulane of your change of name, address, phone number, email address, or employer. Visit http://tulane.edu/alumni/updateyourinfo.cfm or update your information on the online alumni community at http://www.tulanecommunity.com.
- Let us know about your promotion, career achievement, published work, marriage, or new addition to your family. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become a supporter of Tulane athletics by purchasing season tickets or contributing to the Tulane Athletic Fund. Call 504-861-WAVE (9283)
- When a Tulane team is playing in your home town, come out and support our sterling student athletes.
- If you’re a former Tulane athlete, join the T-Club. Call 877-4TULANE (488-5263).
- Discover the fun of traveling with other Tulane alumni on one of its many trips. Call 877-4TULANE (488-5263) or visit http://tulane.edu/alumni/travel to be added to the alumni travel mailing list.
- Tell us about internship and employment opportunities available for Tulane students and alumni that exist in your company, community, or city. List job openings on http://www.hiretulanegrads.com/.
- When you visit New Orleans, get a discounted rate at one of the hotels or B&Bs recommended on the alumni website http://tulane.edu/alumni/neworleanshotels.cfm.
- Consider renting the Alumni House for your next event. We have one of the biggest lawns in the city.
- When in New Orleans, get a low-cost pass to the Reily Recreation Center by showing your TAA membership card. Get a card by calling 877-4TULANE (488-5263)
- For a small fee, get an annual membership to the Tulane University Library. Call 504-865-5605 (You will need your alumni card. Get a card by calling 877-4TULANE (488-5263))
- If you have concerns or suggestions for programs, contact the alumni office at email@example.com or 877-4TULANE (488-5263)
- And stop by the Alumni Office at 6319 Willow St! We’re open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. We would love to see you.