Order Tulane Regalia and Memorabilia
- Grad Fest 2015
- Preregister for Continuing Studies Diploma Ceremony photos
- Preregister for Law School Diploma Ceremony photos
- Preregister for Liberal Arts Diploma Ceremony photos
- Preregister for Science & Engineering Diploma Ceremony photos
For additional details about Commencement day and Wave Goodbye, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Commencement Student Speaker ApplicationRepresent your fellow graduates by delivering the student address at the Unified Commencement ceremony in the Superdome. This opportunity is open to all graduating undergraduate or graduate and professional students. In order to be considered for this honor, you must complete the application requirements below. The application must be submitted via email to Jered Bocage at email@example.com by 5 p.m., Wednesday, March 18; you will receive a confirmation email after your application is received. For further information on this opportunity, you may contact Jered Bocage at 504-236-7566 or by email.
1. Contact Information – Name, Phone, Email, School/Division
2. Student Resume - Submit a short resume of your academic and co-curricular accomplishments while at Tulane (limit to one page).
3. Respond to the following questions (maximum of one page total response for each question):
a. In your time here, what have you done for the Tulane University community?
b. In your time here, what has Tulane University done for you?
4. Availability - Submit your availability, day and evening, for the date range of March 23-27, by completing this poll: http://doodle.com/4xyu42uu2z7nbrxn
Select all the times that are possible for you, and understand that one or two interviews may be necessary in this period. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be contacted by the evening of March 22 for specific scheduling, and your interview could be as early as the following day, based on your availability. You must complete this poll in order for your application to be complete!
5. Sample - Take this opportunity to articulate in writing some of the themes that you might address in a 3-5 minute speech during the commencement exercises. Selected finalists will be asked to interview based on their availability; at this time, they will be expected to deliver their intended speech for the committee.
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit the required information NO LATER THAN 5 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18. Applicants will be notified with respect to the decision of the selection committee no later than Thursday, April 2. Best of luck to all applicants!
Important Phone Numbers
- Accounts Receivable: 504-865-5368
- Alumni Affairs: 504-865-5901
- Health Sciences Center: 504-988-5204
- Uptown Campus: 504-865-5913
- Newcomb Alumnae Office: 504-865-5565
- Schools and Colleges:
- Architecture: 504-865-5389
- Business: 504-862-8470
- Continuing Studies: 504-865-5119
- Law: 504-865-5937
- Liberal Arts: 504-865-5225
- Medicine: 504-988-5187
- Newcomb-Tulane College: 504-865-5720
- Public Health: 504-988-5397
- Science and Engineering: 504-865-5764
- Social Work: 504-865-5314
- Registrar: 504-865-5231
- DMI Travel: 800-479-8222
Additional Questions? E-mail us