shadow_tr

Phelps House

These halls (Phelps and Irby) were named for William Ratcliffe Irby, a New Orleans businessman and president of the Board of Administrators, who was instrumental in establishing Tulane's central purchasing system, and Esmond Phelps, who in 1926 succeeded Mr. Irby as president of the board. Both buildings have wrap-around exterior corridors facing all directions that allow residents to easily mingle with one another and enjoy New Orleans wonderful weather.

Irby and Phelps face each other across Bruff Quad and are suite-style halls that have four rooms sharing a spacious bathroom. There are a limited number of double rooms with a private bath. Both halls are co-educational by suite. All rooms are double occupancy with large picture windows. The furniture is moveable and each room has hook-up for cable TV and Internet access. Study lounges and kitchen facilities are located in each hall. Wrap-around balconies allow opportunities for socializing with your neighbors.

Phelps House
Phelps House

Building Number: 47

Administrative and Academic Units in this Building:

Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 website@tulane.edu