Dinwiddie Hall was constructed in 1923. It was designed by Moise Goldstein and Associate in an Elizabethan style of Alabama limestone, brick and concrete. This building was originally called the Science Building. In 1936 it was renamed for Dr. Albert Bledsoe Dinwiddie, Professor of Mathematics and President of Tulane University from 1918 to 1935. It houses the anthropology department plus the Middle American Research Institute and its museum exhibits of ancient and modern Indian life in Mexico and Central America. An annex was added in 1927. A renovation completed in 2010 preserved the building's historic attributes while making strides in energy efficiency.
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 firstname.lastname@example.org