The Social Work Building was constructed in 1902 and was originally used as dormitories. The Architects were Andry and Bendernagel and the building was designed in the Dutch and Italian Renaissance revival style. The Tulane School of Social Work had its beginning in 1914 as a training program. Sponsored by grants from the American Red Cross, a formal one-year program was implemented in 1921. By 1927, with funding from a Rockefeller grant, the school became a separate program with a two-year curriculum. In 1935 the university established the degree of Master of Social Work.
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 email@example.com