Constructed in 1894, making it the first structure on the present Tulane University campus, Gibson Hall was designed by architects Harrod and Andry in the Richardsonian Romanesque style and constructed of stone over brick. It was named for Randall Lee Gibson, Confederate General, U.S. Senator from Louisiana and the first President of the University Board of Administrators. The building houses most of the senior level administration as well as the Office of Undergraduate Admission and the School of Continuing Studies.
Check out a 360° view of Gibson Circle, the academic quad and other locations in our virtual tour.
Building Number: 1
Administrative and Academic Units in this Building:
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 firstname.lastname@example.org