Hurricane Season is upon us, and maintaining connectivity and communications through a power outage is a major challenge. Keep the following tips in mind:
Faculty and staff, make sure that you are familiar with your department’s Hurricane and Disaster Recovery Plan so that you know your role and responsibilities should a storm approach our area.
Preparing for a Power Outage
- Make sure your mobile devices are fully charged and that you have the appropriate chargers available should you have to evacuate. Have an alternative plan to recharge your battery in case of a power outage.
- Make sure you have an adapter that can charge from an automobile. Consider purchasing an external battery for your phone and/or purchasing a solar powered charger for your phone and laptop.
- Extend the battery life of your phone by turning off all unnecessary functions (wifi, Bluetooth, GPS) and reducing the brightness of your screen.
- Get an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for your devices to keep your electronics running in the event of a power outage.
- Know the alternate contact info for co-workers (cell, instant message, Skype address, alternate email addresses.) Enter them into your mobile phone now, and send a practice text so that you know who is communicating with you in the event normal communications are disrupted. Printing out a hard-copy of your contacts is also a good idea in the event that you lose access to your personal cel phone.
Do you have any Tech Tips for Hurricane Season? Share them with us on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TulaneTechnology