Wednesday's with the O
Wednesdays, 12:00-1:00 PM, LBC G04
Every Wednesday The O offers up food, fellowship, and fun. Food is a powerful tool to bring people together and to make people feel comfortable. Through this collaboration, we hope to be able to provide a taste of home for some and new experiences for others.
On the 1st Wednesday of every month in LBC 203 we will also incorporate discussions around a variety of topics that will engage the campus community.
This student-lead discussion group provides students with a forum for discussion on one of the most vital and critical issues we face in contemporary society – racial and ethnic prejudice and bigotry. As students prepare to become leaders and new professionals it is important that they learn how to recognize, combat, and address discrimination. It is even more vital that they become aware of their own deeply rooted prejudices that we all carry so that we may all learn how to prevent prejudice from becoming racism or discrimination. The face of America is rapidly changing and thus makes understanding the perspectives on ethnicity, race, socioeconomics, equity, and culture significant to the learning experience of all students.
- Multicultural Orientation for first-year and transfer students, August 23, 2014 Woldenberg Art Center
- Ambassador Matching Ceremony, August 26, 2014 5:30pm LBC 203
- Ice Cream Social, August 27, 2014 3:30pm LBC Pocket park
- Multicultural Leadership Retreat, September 19-21, 2014
- National Hispanic/Latina(o) Heritage Month
- Diversity Convocation October 15, 2014
- African Diaspora Week
- India Week
- Thanksgiving Dinner, November 25, 2014 5:30pm, LBC 212 & 213
- A Taste of OMA
- Celebrations of the Seasons
- International Women's Day
- International Food & Music Festival, March 14, 2015 5pm, LBC 212 & 213
- Alternative Spring Break
- Cultural Organization Banquets
- End of the Year Cookout, April 27, 2015, 1:30pm Jones Patio
- Senior Pinning Ceremony/Lavender Graduation, April 22, 2015 6pm, LBC 213