Message from Raoul P. Rodriguez, Chairman of Orthopaedics
Welcome to the Tulane Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. We have a dual role of education and service. Patient care is provided by our outstanding Faculty and Resident Staff. Our Faculty has experts to care for all kinds of orthopaedic problems. Our doctors care for patients of any age with musculoskeletal problems. Patients are seen at a variety of locations throughout the greater New Orleans region.
Our educational mission is to teach our residents, fellows, and medical students in all aspects of the musculoskeletal system. We have a fully accredited 5 year orthopaedic residency. As part of our mission, we conduct clinical and basic research to advance the knowledge of the musculoskeletal system. Read more...»
- Alumnus James Andrews, M.D. returns the weekend of June 26th-28th to lecture as a guest of honor for Graduation and The Ray J. Haddad Memorial Lectureship and Resident Research Day
- Felix "Buddy" Savoie, M.D. continues to epitomize a world class Orthopaedic practice, while educating both at Tulane University and around the world through top notch research, as well as, national and international lectures.
- A long tradition, started by Raoul Rodriguez, M.D. in the 80's, of encouraging AO principles throughout the OR, has continued this year. Paul Gladden, M.D. has chaired an AO ORP course, as well as, the first ever AO course for Residents in New Orleans
- NYT- Former Saints kicker, Tom Dempsey, receives cutting-edge treatment at TISM from Gregory Stewart, M.D.
- A Tribute to Daniel C. Riordan, MD (1917-2012)
- Congratulations to the residents for their 2013 and 2014 Fellowship matches
- Graduating class of 2012 unanimously passes ABOS written exams
- See More News...