The DSW program is suited for individuals interested in advancing their clinical knowledge and becoming leaders in clinical social work practice. Admission to the DSW program is a competitive process. To be considered for admission to the doctoral program, applicants must have:
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited school.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.3 in both undergraduate and graduate study.
- Three  or more years of social service agency employment or the equivalent experience post-masters.
- Completed application for admission, including:
- Personal Statement – state clearly why you wish to enter the Advanced Clinical Practice DSW program; why you chose Tulane as your place of study; your career goals and their relation to advanced study; and any other information you feel will be helpful to the Admissions Committee.
- Resume and copies of any publications or research.
- Official transcript from each college or university attended.
- Minimum of three  academic and/or professional references from persons able to comment on your personal, academic, and professional qualifications.
- For non-native English speakers, TOEFL scores should be submitted. Acceptable TOEFL scores are 600 for the paper version, 120 for the computer version and 95 for the web version.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to communicate with the DSW Program Director via phone and/or email to discuss any questions they might have regarding the program.
Applicants should submit required materials through the School of Social Work’s On-Line Application to Graduate Programs by July 1, 2014.
Applications will be reviewed shortly thereafter, and successful candidates will be notified no later than August 1, 2014.