Building web pages ...
To present a consistent, professional image, it is imperative that all Tulane University websites clearly establish their connections to the university. The following elements apply to all web pages that provide official information about Tulane.
1. University logo in header:
2. Page background color: Tulane Green #00331A (exclusive of the content area). Content area width should be 850 pixels.
3. Department or site name in header: Tulane CMS users must use one of the Department Name header layout options provided. The font size and color cannot be altered and no graphics may be added to the header. Users still waiting to move into the CMS should format the department name as shown in the templates linked at the bottom of this page.
4. Contact footer: Basic contact information for the responsible department including phone number and either a physical or mailing address. A generic e-mail address for the department, e.g., email@example.com, is highly recommended.
REQUESTING A DEPARTMENTAL E-MAIL ACCOUNT
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name of e-mail (e.g., email@example.com)
- Display Name (e.g., Public Relations)
- Name of Tulane employee primarily responsible
Ignore the reply message you receive. Technology Services will get back to you.
The following information is provided for your reference. The Tulane CMS uses these fonts and colors by default, but advanced users can provide a custom style sheet in consultation with University Communications & Marketing to override these settings.
Fonts used on the Tulane University home page:
Colors used on the Tulane University home page:
Tulane Green #00331A
Tulane Blue #224568
Oak Leaf #006633
Green Parrot #99CC66
Avenue Blue #336699
Audubon Dawn #E5F2FF
Wave Mist #CCE4D9
Spanish Moss #535353
Gibson Stone #EBF4E1
Cane Sugar #AD8938
There are different template requirements depending on whether a department is academic or administrative in nature. For each option, click screen shot to see a preview of the design. Choose download for a zip file of a sample html page, template for Dreamweaver or Contribute, images, style sheet and instructions.
Administrative departments — with navigation bar and search box
Academic departments, including schools and colleges — with optional search box
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 firstname.lastname@example.org