April 16, 2014 8:45 AM
Alicia Duplessis Jasmin
• Work gloves and protective eyewear will be provided when the work calls for it, but you may be more comfortable wearing your own.
• Closed-toe shoes are required.Outdoor locations
• Anticipate the weather. If it’s a high-sun day, wear a hat and slather on the sunscreen. If it’ll be rainy, wear rubber boots or old sneakers that you don’t mind getting muddy.
• Consider wearing an insect repellent.
• Long pants are suggested, but not required.Indoor locations
• If you’ve been assigned to Second Harvest, you’ll be sorting foods that are kept in a cooler. Dress in layers.
• At ARC, you will be sorting Carnival beads. Latex gloves will be provided. You may prefer to bring your own.Katie Houck, assistant director for outreach and leadership in the Tulane Center for Public Service, says the most important tip is to have fun.
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 firstname.lastname@example.org