Directions for Entering Immunizations
The State of Louisiana requires all students entering a university to have received the immunizations listed at the bottom of this page.
Please follow the instructions below to document your immunizations.
Step One: Print Necessary Documents
Step Two: Gather Immunization Information
- Complete the STUDENT section.
- Have your medical provider complete the immunization information section and sign the form.
Step Three: Enter Immunizations into Online Student Health
- Log into Online Student Health using your Tulane email address (without the @tulane.edu) and your email password.
- On the left of the screen, hover over the Immunization link and click on New.
- Fill in all information, then click Submit.
- Upload your Immunization form using the Upload Documents link. NOTE: Your files can be no larger than 3MB. You can also fax your information to:
- Medical, Public Health, and Social Work students: 504-988-3217
- All other students: 504-865-5083
- Once your information has been verified by the Student Health Center, you will receive an email confirmation. Please allow 7 business days.
Medical, Public Health, and Social Work students: Please contact Vicki Stein at 504-988-6169 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The Student Health Center offers all of the below immunizations and the TB skin test. Other immunizations needed by university students are also available.
The following immunizations and test are REQUIRED:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella: Two (2) doses of live vaccine required for all students born after 1956. The first vaccine must have been given, on, or after the first birthday and a second dose at least 30 days after the first.
- Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertusis: A dose of vaccine given within the past ten (10) years is required. (Tdap) is recommended.
- Meningococcal/Meningitis: A dose of vaccine given within the past 5 years is required for all college freshmen and any student in on campus housing and fraternity/sorority housing.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Testing: Mantoux or IGRA within 12 months prior to entering Tulane. Required for all international students and students who have traveled to areas of high tuberculosis transmission.
The following immunizations are RECOMMENDED:
- Hepatitis B Vaccine: (Recommended for college entrance) series of three (3) doses, given at 0, 1 month and 6 months.
The above guidance is presented for the purpose of implementing the requirements of Louisiana R.S. 17:170, Act 251 & 711 and, in meeting the established recommendations for control of vaccine-preventable diseases as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics; the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices to the United States Public Health Service; and the American College Health Association.
To sign a personal exemption for meningococcal vaccine, student (parent/guardian if student is under 18 years of age) must appear in person at the Student Health Center to receive information about the disease from a college health professional.