Being a graduate student is an exciting and challenging time. Whether you're continuing your studies at Tulane, are coming from another college, or returning to school later in life, your interests and needs may be different than those of undergraduates. Student Health Services can help you simplify your busy life. With our wide range of services on both the Uptown and Downtown Campus, it's easier than ever to take care of your health.
Stuff you need to do
- Make sure you've got health insurance. For information on the Student Health Insurance plan go to our Insurance page. The Student Health Fee pays for all your visits to our locations, your insurance will be needed to pay for labs, medications and other services. If you have not paid the Student Health Fee, you will be charged for using clinical services. If you aren't sure if you paid the fee, call our office and we'll be glad to check and discuss options.
- Have required shots and send proof of immunizations to email@example.com before you try to register or school starts. Immunization information can be found by clicking here.
Stuff you need to know
- In a life threatening emergency call Tulane Emergency Medical Services on campus at x5911
- Have a health concern and don't know what to do? Call our Nurse Advice during Monday-Friday during regular office hours.
- Make routine medical appointments by calling Uptown-504-865-5255 or Downtown-504-988-3217. Explain what you need and our staff will direct you to the correct clinic or option for you.
- For mental and emotional health concerns, call Counseling and Psychological Services at 504-314-2277.
- Student Health Services has an on-call physician for after hours medical needs that can be reached by calling 504-889-3352 .
- Your health information is confidential. No one will know you've used medical or counseling services unless you choose to tell them.